Drinking water is the best way to stay hydrated, but if giving up juice and soda feels tough, try filling your reusable water bottle with natural fruit infused water.
Fruit infused water is delightfully refreshing, naturally sweet, and great for digestion. But natural fruit infused water isn’t just a healthy replacement for artificially flavoured drinks; it’s also a tasty alternative to plain water. If you’re struggling to drink enough water, then naturally flavoured water can help.
It’s easy to prepare a bunch of different recipes in your own home. All you need is some fresh fruits, herbs, water, and a reusable water bottle or travel tumbler. I like to fill my stainless steel travel tumbler with homemade infused water and take it with me wherever I go. Tumbler cups are easy to clean, so I can fill it with a different flavour every day!
Best Fruits & Herbs to Use
You can infuse water with any fresh fruits, but some release more flavour than others. Citrus fruits, such as lemon, lime, and orange, as well as summer berries, are extra refreshing. Mint and basil keep the water fresh, and, although it’s not a fruit, cucumber offers a very light flavour. For a sweeter taste, I like to add tropical fruits such as mango and pineapple, or grapefruit for a more bitter flavour.
How To Make Fruit Infused Water?
- Take your stainless steel tumbler or reusable water bottle – a travel tumbler is best because it’s easy to clean out the leftover fruit pieces if you don’t want to eat them.
- Add slices of fresh fruits to your tumbler then pour over chilled water. Stir with a spoon or put the lid on and shake to release more flavour. You can also press the fruit pieces with the back of a spoon.
- Add ice and fresh herbs if using.
- Let it sit for at least one hour. The flavour will get stronger the longer your wait. If you prefer, you can prepare the infused water in a mason jar, let it sit in the refrigerator overnight, and transfer to your travel tumbler in the morning.
5 Fruit Infused Water Recipes For Your Stainless Steel Tumbler
These five natural flavour combinations will keep you hydrated (and your taste buds happy) this summer!
Blackberry & Mint Infused Water
High in fibre, vitamin C, and antioxidants, blackberries are already an essential ingredient for a healthy diet. For the recipe mix:
- ½ cup of blackberries
- 2-3 mint leaves
Citrus Mix & Mint Infused Water
Light, tangy, and colourful, a mix of citrus fruit slices and mint leaves is the perfect beverage to drink at a summer picnic. For the recipe mix:
- Lemon, lime, and orange slices (half fill the travel tumbler)
- 2-3 mint leaves
Grapefruit & Rosemary Infused Water
For a bitter-sweet flavour like iced tea try mixing slices of pink grapefruit with the piney taste of rosemary. For the recipe mix:
- ½ cup of sliced grapefruit
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
Strawberry, Lemon & Mint Infused Water
A combination of sweet and sour that will help you stay hydrated. For the recipe mix:
- ½ cup of strawberries
- 2-3 lemon slices
- 2-3 mint leaves
- 3-5 cucumber slices (optional)
Watermelon & Basil Infused Water
Watermelon is the symbol of summer; a picnic wouldn’t be complete without this naturally sweet fruit. For the recipe mix:
- ½ cup of watermelon (with or without seeds)
- 2-3 fresh basil leaves
What are tumblers good for?
Insulated tumbler cups aren’t just for infused water; they’re zero-waste drinks containers that are versatile and safe to drink from! So, what else do you drink out of a tumbler cup? The insulated FLASKE Tumbler keeps your drink hot or cold so you can use your personalised tumbler for anything from hot chocolate to summer cocktails.
Order your FLASKE Tumbler, and you can enjoy these natural fruit infused water recipes on the go!